Thursday, August 16, 2007

I've been accepted!

After planning for a long time to go to Cameroon, I found out while working at Big Lake this summer, that those plans fell through and I was no longer able to go. Just a few weeks later, though, I got an e-mail saying that I was voted and approved to go to the Bere Adventist Hospital in Tchad! God works in great ways, I'll be right next door to Cameroon, but I'll get to do medical the whole time which is what I've been hoping for a chance to do. I am in the process of waiting for my visa and insurance info. to go through, and then I'll be headed off shortly. It sounds like the doctor has already been expecting me. This call doesn't support me with any stipend to live off of, so I am supposed to raise an extra $100 per month I'm there. I need about $300 more to stay a total of 10 months. Thank you to all of you who have supported me already, and if you would like to help, there will soon be info. at the bottom of my blog on how to do so. Now I need to pack to go camping!

Late Summer blessings to you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    You've been in our prayers. James Appel was a student of ours at Forest Lake Academy. Makes for a small world. Keep us posted.
    j8dkelley@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete