Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fundraising

I had planned on holding off starting my fundraising for the Philippines until after I return from Nigeria so as not to confuse the two trips. However, I found out that I need to be ready to buy my ticket to the Philippines very soon if I want to get the group rate. So with no further ado....

I am wishing to secure as much as possible of my tuition and expenses before I leave in August and would like to invite all of YOU to be a part of this journey with me. Newlife International School of Midwifery is unique in that while I am going to school in a sense, I am also working as a volunteer missionary in their free maternity clinic and other outreaches they do in the surrounding community. All tuition that I pay, goes towards funding Mercy Maternity Clinic, the largest charity-based birthing center in the Philippines. They serve almost 20,000 patients annually (prenatal exams) and over 19,000 babies have been delivered in the last 16 years.

I have added up all my expenses and the total is very daunting!

$36,680

One good note is that this is only about half the total tuition of the other stateside midwifery schools I had looked at. And that is ONLY tuition at those schools....not to mention living costs.

This total includes ALL my expenses that I can think of over the next two years. The school offers free room and board, free meals, and free preceptor/clinical fees.

Here it is broken down:

Tuition - $22,380
National College of Midwifery Admin Fee - $3100
Airfare - $800-1200
Visa/Immigration - $800-1000
Books - $600
Midwifery Supplies - $500
Overseas Health Insurance - $3500
Extra Living Expenses - $150/month = $3600
NARM Exam for Midwife Certification - $1000

If you would like to help sponsor me, I've created a donate link through paypal. It is on the "Donate" page at the top of the blog. Some have asked about supporting me monthly while I'm gone. If you would like to do that, please email me at sarah.sexton06@gmail.com and I would be happy to set that up as well.

Thank you so much!
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment