Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dwindling Time

Today the new July schedule came out at work. After July 3 there is a sad face by my name and "resigned" crossing out the rest of the month. It's official! They just hired a replacement for me that I will help orient the week before I leave. It is kind of bittersweet to think of leaving. I keep feeling like it is ALL coming too soon! On the other side of things, I can hardly wait to arrive on the other side of the Pacific!

Many times I have thought back to when I decided to take the job here at the hospital in the NICU, wondering if it was the best choice. I already had another job lined up that would pay over double what they were offering me here.Although finances have definitely been tight for me over the last couple of years, I've always concluded that it was a good choice. I have gained gobs of experience here that will help my midwife career. Recently I was looking through one of my new textbooks about assessing newborns. There was a section of pictures that showed rare disorders and as I skimmed through it, I realized that I've seen most all the disorders while working here in the neonatal unit.

So, yes, the experience and things I've seen and observed here will be helpful. But right now, I'm a bit resenting the financial restrictions as I look into the equipment I still have to buy and tuition that needs to paid by the 1st of August!

If any of my blog readers are interested in helping out with specific needs I have (yes that's YOU :) I'm listing equipment below that I still need to acquire. If you want to help, you can donate by going to the tab at the top of my blog and then let me know what you are wanting to help with....tuition, specific medical equipment, health insurance costs, monthly living fund, etc. You can see the breakdown of these costs on my first fundraising post *HERE*  The independent side of me doesn't like to ask for help, but reality is that I know I can't do it alone. Thank you dear friends!!!

Fetoscope $13
http://www.1cascade.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2055


Fetal Doppler $470



Infant Stethascope $85.98





No comments:

Post a Comment